The Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) makes decisions on the review, planning and procurement of primary medical services across Kent and Medway, under delegated authority from NHS England.
NHS Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) meets in public on the third Thursday of every month. You can find more details about the meetings on our events page.
Papers will be available the week before and can be downloaded from the meeting’s event page. If you would like to submit a question to the committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org 12noon on the Tuesday before the meeting. Please specify the agenda number your question relates to.
All decisions will be in line with set guidelines and policies. You can find the terms of reference for this committee here.
To ensure transparency, membership of the PCCC is predominantly made up of our lay representatives and non-clinical executives.
The Committee's voting members are:
- Gillian Wells, Independent Lay Member for Primary Care Commissioning
- Cathy Finnis, Independent Lay Member for Patient and Public Engagement
- Wilf Williams, Accountable Officer
- Caroline Selkirk, Executive Director with responsibility for Primary Care Commissioning
- Ivor Duffy, Chief Finance Officer
- Paula Wilkins, Chief Nurse
- Dr Mike Beckett, Governing Body Independent Member (secondary care specialist)
- Maria Jackson, Governing Body Independent Member (registered nurse)
In addition, there is an open invitation for the following to attend (non-voting):
- chairs of primary care commissioning operational groups (PCCOGs)
- GP member from each of the PCCOGs
- NHS England primary care representative
- Local Medical Committee representative
- representative from the Joint Kent and Medway Health and Wellbeing Board
- representatives from Healthwatch Kent and Healthwatch Medway
- CCG heads of primary care commissioning
Sitting under the Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) are five primary care commissioning operational groups (PCCOGs).
The PCCOGs are established as working groups to support the Kent and Medway PCCC in overseeing the operational management of primary care commissioning and contracting, assurance and support to the PCCC to meet the requirements of the delegation agreement and delivery of the primary care strategy.
PCCOG meetings are not open to the public. They have no delegated decision making authority but may make recommendations to the PCCC.