When it comes to commissioning services, we know the best results come from working together with our local communities.
On this page you will find information about the different ways you can be involved in shaping how healthcare is planned and delivered in Kent and Medway.
The Kent and Medway Health Network is a virtual group of patients, carers, local residents, or representatives from local community, and voluntary groups from across the area. Many of our members were recruited by our former CCGs to assist in improving local health services.
The network’s feedback will helps our CCG decide how our strategic plans can best serve the whole population and how local health services are planned and designed. When becoming a member, you can decide to participate as much or as little as you like.
- receive our bulletins so you can stay up-to-date with the health topics that interest you,
- be offered opportunities to share your ideas and views about local health services,
- be sent invitations to participate in focus groups, consultations and surveys about healthcare.
To join our health network or subscribe to the Community Bulletin, please email our Engagement Team.
We'll share more news about the network as our plans develop.
We know people care deeply about their local health and care services and are keen to share their views and experience of using services to improve the quality of care we deliver.
We regularly meet with patients and carers in local area groups to hear about how services are working in their area and discuss any plans we have for service improvement.
Due to the pandemic and social distancing guidance, these meetings happen online at the moment in eight local areas.
The meetings make sure Kent and Medway CCG stays in touch with local communities. They also act as one of many ways in which local communities can help to develop local systems for engagement with the primary care networks and new integrated care partnerships being established in 2020/21.
Local area groups are:
- Canterbury and coastal - Canterbury, Herne Bay, Faversham and Whitstable and the rural villages
- Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley
- South Kent Coast – Dover, Deal, Sandwich, Folkestone, Hythe and New Romney
- Thanet - Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate and the rural villages
- west Kent – Maidstone, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells and the rural towns and villages.
If you would like to know more or get involved please email: email@example.com